The Jaguars’ victory over the Jets on Thursday night put them in top form and left the Jets almost uncontested.
Jacksonville are still half a game behind Tennessee in the AFC South, but the Jaguars are the favorites to win the division and decide their playoff fate.
The Jets aren’t mathematically out of wild card contention, but they’re a long shot.
Here are some pictures of the AFC playoff after Thursday night’s game.
1. Banknote (11-3) A head-to-head tiebreaker against the Chiefs is huge.
2. Chiefs (11-3) AFC West Conqueror.
3. Bengals (10-4) At least you got a wildcard.
4. Titans (7-7) The AFC South are barely holding the lead.
5. Ravens (9-5) It fades down quickly, but it’s a safe bet for winning wildcards.
6. Charger (8-6) Win a 1v1 tiebreak with the Dolphins.
7. Dolphin (8-6) One game lead in the wild card race with three games remaining.
8. Patriots (7-7) Still controlling the fate of the playoffs.
9. Jaguar (7-8) A win in the last two games will give the AFC South a win.
10. Jets (7-8) A playoff-class defense was let down by its offense.
11. Raiders (6-8) We’re not completely out of wildcard conflicts yet.
12. Browns (6-8) Trying not to finish last in AFC North.
13. Steelers (6-8) Trying to avoid Mike Tomlin’s first losing season.
no chance to get in
14. Colts (4-9-1) Mathematically erased.
15. Broncos (4-10) Mathematically erased.
16. Texans (1-12-1) Mathematically erased.