A jury in Los Angeles has found rapper Tory Lanez guilty of all three counts in the July 12, 2020 shooting of hip-hop star Megan Thee Stallion in the Hollywood Hills.
ABC News reached out to Lanez’s attorney, but did not immediately return a request for comment.
Jury deliberations began Thursday and the verdict was announced Friday afternoon.
Megan Thee Stallion, whose real name is Megan Pete, shared an account of the incident in an emotional testimony last week, accusing Lanez of shooting her after an altercation.
Pete testified that on the night of July 12, 2020, when he got out of his car after an altercation with Lanez and walked away, he turned to see him holding a gun. He was in court.
According to KABC, “He had a gun at me,” she said, then said “dance b—-” and fired the gun, claiming she injured both legs.
“I was frozen…I was in shock,” she said. I was shocked.”
Popular rapper Lanez, whose full name is Dayster Peterson, was charged with assault with a semi-automatic firearm (personal use of a firearm) and with a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle in October 2020. was first charged with the felony of In billing documents obtained by ABC News. “Private use of a firearm” is not a separate charge, but an enhanced sentencing associated with the first count, which could lead to Lanez’s increased sentencing.
He was charged with an additional felony charge of firing a firearm with gross negligence earlier this month, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office confirmed to ABC News.
Lannes, who chose not to testify during the trial, pleaded not guilty to all three charges.
His attorney argued during the trial that his client was not the shooter.
“It’s a very unfortunate incident,” Lannes’ attorney George Mugdesian said in closing arguments on Wednesday, according to KABC. “Somebody was shot. Megan Pete was shot…my client is not a shooter…my client is falsely accused.”
A jury began deliberations on Thursday.
This is a developing story. Please check the latest information.