Trip(dot)com offers great discounts on travel related services. Are you considering using them for your upcoming trip? Using the website to book flights, hotel reservations, car rentals, and more can save you a lot of money, but it’s not really worth it for your long-awaited vacation. will be added?
What are the risks associated with booking travel-related services from Trip? How do people feel about the website? Are there other reliable alternatives to it?
What is Trip.com?
Founded in 1999, Trip is one of the oldest companies in the field. Whether you’re booking flights with your favorite airline, looking for international hotels, or renting a car, we’ve got just about everything you need for your vacation. The best part is that all of these are available at heavily discounted prices.
An international company, Trip covers almost every region and operates in nearly 200 countries. Thanks to an extensive hotel network and a flight network connecting 5000 cities, Trip offers great discounts and benefits. In addition, the website supports nearly 44 languages to meet the needs of customers around the world.
The company has grown a lot, but you may be wondering if it’s still legit and trustworthy.
Yes, Trip(dot)com is legit and not a scam. Here’s why:
- Trip(dot)com Group, a NASDAQ listed company, owns this website.
- Over 20 years of business experience suggests it’s not a shady company.
- An extensive network of hotels and flights shows that other companies trust the company.
- The company now employs over 45,000 people, demonstrating that it is an established company.
So what do other customers say about it?
What do people think of Trip.com?
The company has a 3.7 out of 5 rating on Trustpilot. Looks pretty good, but nearly 26% of the reviews give him a 1 star. Over 7,000 dissatisfied customers based on the number of reviews.
However, upon reviewing more detailed reviews, most of the issues mentioned seemed to be related to services booked through their website, which Trip had little control over. Some people have complained about dirty hotel rooms, last-minute airline cancellations of flights, or poor customer support from the hotel they booked from.
Trip is not responsible for all such things, but the responsibility lies with the businesses listed on their website. No. However, some people have shared issues that are unique to Trip(dot)com. Some of them are:
- The language barrier is a major concern as customer service representatives are not native English speakers.
- Slow response times from the company and further delays when it comes to handling complaints.
- The refund process will take some time.
However, in contrast to other companies, Trip’s reps reply to over 91% of negative reviews and give reviewers instructions on how to fix the issue and avoid it in the future. The company clearly cares about its reputation.
But why should you choose to travel instead of booking directly with the company?
Here are some reasons why Trip(dot)com’s booking service is the right choice for you:
- Travel deals are cheaper compared to booking the same services directly from the business.
- There are many options to compare and choose.
- You can book overseas hotels and rental cars from the comfort of your own home.
- Plan your entire trip and effectively manage your finances from one website.
- Trip claims to offer the best deals. If the same deal is available elsewhere for less, the website claims to refund the difference.
For the above reasons, Trip is the frontrunner, but there are a few tips you should follow to book the service wisely.
Smart tips for booking services at your destination
Here are some tips for booking services on Trip(dot)com.
- Read reviews from other customers who have used the same service through Trip.
- Check reviews of airlines other than Trip(dot)com to determine their credibility. Don’t be afraid to pay more for reliable options.
- DO NOT BOOK FLIGHTS THROUGH THE WEBSITE IN AN EMERGENCY. Getting it directly from the airline will allow you to reschedule on the fly in the event of cancellations or delays.
- Depending on the situation, refunds may take a week or more. Set aside extra budget to combat it.
- Prepare a backup plan for contingencies.
- Provide our customer support team with appropriate details about your complaint for a speedy resolution.
- Simply book your hotel or rental car a few days before your vacation so you don’t have to keep asking for refunds if your plans change.
If you prefer to contact customer support by phone, you can find contact information on Trip.com’s help page. Details vary by region and country, so please call the appropriate number.
However, the easiest way is to contact Trip customer support via live chat. To connect with an agent:
- Go to the Trip.com website.
- Click the headphones (service chat) icon in the lower right corner.
- You’ll need to sign in, so if you’re not already signed in, sign in now.
- Please select the option you need help with.
- Send random questions and queries when the Trip chatbot greets you. For example, you can say, “I would like to speak to an agent.”
By following these steps, you can avoid annoying chatbots and connect with real people.
If you’re new to Trip or worried about negative reviews, there are plenty of other reliable options. The best Trip alternatives include Booking(dot)com, Expedia and TripAdvisor.
But an even better option is to use professional services. For example, Airbnb can help you find affordable lodging. Similarly, you can choose well-known services for airline tickets and rental discounts. Although more expensive, websites that offer dedicated travel services can help you plan your trip.
Another great option is to use local websites that serve specific countries. For example, the best local websites in the UK. Not only are they more reliable, but you can find better deals.
make the most of your vacation
Anyone planning a vacation can find everything they need on Trip. However, it has some drawbacks. Hopefully, with some knowledge of how to choose a deal on Trip(dot)com, she will soon be one of Trip’s many happy customers. If you don’t like the deals, check out their alternatives.