Week 17 of the 2022 NFL season is just in the books, and the Bills will be the only ones visiting the Bengals for Monday night’s showdown. So, as Week 18 approaches, which teams are officially in contention for the playoffs, and how does each actually decide on their trip to the postseason? Thanks for your inquiry. Thank you. Below is an up-to-date overview of all the latest clinch scenarios for the remaining open playoff spots.
1st Seed (NFC)
- Eagles (13-3) clinch: Win vs. Giants OR 49ers Lose vs. Cardinals AND Cowboys Lose vs. Commanders
- 49ers (12-4) clinch: Win vs. Cardinals AND Eagles Loss vs. Giants
- Clinch for the Cowboys (12-4): Win vs. Commanders AND Eagles Lose vs. Giants AND 49ers Lose vs. Cardinals
NFC East Title
- Eagles (13-3) clinch: Beat the Giants, Lose the Cowboys, Lose the Commander
- Clinch for the Cowboys (12-4): Win vs. Commander AND Eagles Lose vs. Giants
7th Seed Wildcard (NFC)
- The Packers (8-8) clinch with: victory vs lions
- Clinching for the Lions (8-8): Packers win, Seahawks lose to Rams
- The Seahawks (8-8) clinch: Victory vs. Rams AND Packers vs. Lions
Check us out for a complete rundown of playoff standings, scenarios, and predicted first-round matchups across the NFL..